Monday 9 May 2011

In the silver

What did you see in the silver?
Why did it scare you away?
Will you be running forever?
or will your surrender one day?

Didn't you see the reflection?
Didn't you get what it was?
Feelings that turned to rejection
Reflected yourself in the glass

Didn't it lead you to changes?
Seemingly finding a way?
Guiding you slowly to answers
and feeling it starting today


Now, is the only thing staying
Always forever intact
Mirrors reflect you in feeling
but opposites always attract

When


You see you looked in the silver
You see you saw what it was
You see there's only reflection
- I see the one in the glass

3 comments:

  1. its funny how sometimes you see more to others than know is there. i once knew someone so deeply that i could see who he really was. he was not who he thought he was and did not know his own self, only who he wanted to be, but was just who he was to me,i saw who or what he really was and it frightened him that i knew him and things he had never spoke of. but he could not love. he wanted to but could not.he was afraid. and it reminded me of the lady in your poem. it also reminded me of a man who tried to make me see my real self. he knew me and i did not. i was 17 years old. it frightened me that he saw clear to my soul and i loved him so much yet i told him i did not. i hurt him deeply. to this day i regret it. so thank you for reminding me of who i was, and who i am now. i now have my heart wide open and i long for love to come and stay. but also know it must be free and not tethered that if it should wander to let it go with my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Debra
    You physically moved me another inch to the left.
    (And I'm not easily moved; )

    ReplyDelete